Monday 10 September 2012

How to make Veggie Bean Burgers

How to make Veggie bean burgers
 
Hey everyone! I thought that I would share with you one of my favourite new recipes, which I recently discovered on BBC Good Food website.
 
5 months ago I decided to take the plunge and become a pescatarian. It has been easier than I thought it would be! I would be lying if I said that Nandos doesn't tempt me on occcasions and that I sometimes wish I could run into a sweet shop and not have to worry about what I can and can't eat, but it is definitely worth it, and I hope that I can stick at it, as long as I get past the christmas dilema (eating a nut roast instead of turkey, thats going to be hard!
 
Anyway, these veggie burgers are soo tasty and can be eaten hot or cold (and you can even freeze them!), plus they are so easy to make! Even my dad, who, really is a no-nonsense meat eater, loved these!
 
Ingredients
 
2 x 400g/14oz cans kidney beans , rinsed and drained
100g breadcrumbs
2 tsp mild chilli powder
small bunch of corriander 
1 egg
2tbsp Salsa
 
 
1) Empty two cans of kidney beans into a bowl and lightly crush with a potato masher.
 
2) To the beans, add the breadcrumbs, chilli powder and chopped corriander.
 
3) Next add the egg and salsa.
 
4) Mix and combine all the ingredients together.
 
5) Using your hands, form and shape six burgers out of the mix
 
 
6) Place the six burgers on a greased tray and put in a pre-heated grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
 
7) Serve in a bun or wrap and top with your favourite sauces!
 
The finished burger- topped with salsa and mustard- YUMMY!
 
 
Just a quite note to say, if anyone is looking for any good vegetarian cookbooks, I really reccomend 'FOOD' by Mary McCartney (Paul McCartney's daughter), it is a beautiful book full of really inspiring recipes. And the photography is amazing too!
 
Lots of Love, Paloma xxx
 

13 comments:

  1. OOOOH can't wait to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yum! Definitely need to try soon :)
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great and yummy. thanks for sharing

    If you like it, follow my blog about life and fashion in LA on Bloglovin'. Let me know in the comments and I will follow back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Wanna follow eachg other?
    https://www.facebook.com/FashionResidence
    fashionresidence.com
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUUUUUUUUUUMMM! These look amazing, will definitely be trying them out!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, they look lush! Look forward to reading more from you girls. I'm your newest follower. Love Laura. xxx

    http://laurziemack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hey please leave your thoughts! We love to read comments and they mean so much to us :) Please leave the name of your blog and we will follow back :) xx