Tuesday 23 July 2013

Honest Truvia, you're the answer to my wishes...

'From a leaf so naturally, without a single calorie, honest Truvia it's true!'


Do you have the fattest sweet-tooth ever?! I know I do! If you check back through the blog roll, i'm always baking sweet treats, anything savoury is blogged by Paloma. I thought my life as I knew it was over as...Iv'e given up sugar!! (except fructose)


 This means no sweets, ice-cream, chocolate, and I thought it meant no home-baking either, all for glowing clear skin and a summer body. I was so wrong! I went along to my local supermarket and saw a bag of Truvia - the pretty green packaging caught my eye. It has NO calories and is made from the Stevia leaf. I thought i'd look online for recipes to use and found this one for choco chip cookies.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup flour
  • 12 tsp salt
  • 12 tsp baking soda
  • 12 cup (1 stick) light butter, softened
  • 14 cup + 2 Tbsp Truvía® Baking Blend
  • 12 tsp vanilla
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips / Fudge pieces (sugar-free)
  • 12 Tbsp molasses (optional)

Directions 

Preheat oven to 375° F, 190 °C

   Beat butter, Truvía® Baking Blend and vanilla (and optional molasses) in a separate large mixing bowl.
 Mix in egg.
 Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
 Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop rounded tablespoon on cookie sheets and press down to slightly flatten.

 Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.




1 comment:

  1. Yummy, looks delicious! :) Love it!!

    I'm new here so feel free to check out my blog :)
    http://glamorshell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey please leave your thoughts! We love to read comments and they mean so much to us :) Please leave the name of your blog and we will follow back :) xx